28.1.15

Canadian Vintage


We have taken a little break in our travels to spend time with my family in Canada. 

I have been enjoying getting reacquainted with my Canadian wardrobe and having a blast looking though old photos, my Mom's closets and jewellery boxes for vintage treasures! 

Family heirlooms I will hold dear forever.

How will I get all these goodies home with me???
I will pray to the packing goddesses for assistance
 of course!

Some of my finds...

My mother Jeannie's first beau was in the army and sent this fantastic compact (little comb, lipstick holder, power, puff and mirror) to her from overseas where he was stationed. She had kept his love letter folded up inside.


My grandmother Wilhelmina's wedding band. 
Inside is engraved "Stan to Billy  June 15 - 35"
My grandmother had quite a few nicknames besides Mina, Billy was another popular one.


My grandfather Jack's tie pin.


My grandmother Viola's beautiful turquoise pin.


And the vintage score of the century... 
a vintage Elsa Schiaparelli hat!



laura x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...